24 Apr 2017 by BCCG
British Embassy Berlin - Vacancy
British Defence Staff Administrative Assistant/Driver (DEU179)
Application deadline: 12 May 2017
The British Embassy in Berlin is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for an Administrative Assistant/Driver to support the British Defence Staff (BDS).
Main Purpose of Job:
• To process diplomatic clearance requests for all military flights, ships and personnel visiting Germany;
• Supporting the planning, organisation and execution of: senior level visits to country; defence and security policy conferences;
• To ship visits to Hamburg and Kiel; Berlin Air Show(s);
• To maintain and update the Germany visits database;
• To manage the receipt, distribution and despatch of section mail;
• Planning and supporting annual remembrance services, including procurement and preparation of wreaths;
• To produce the MOD (Ministry of Defence) Duty Officer Roster;
• To provide default cover for PA to Defence Attaché (DA) Berne for all diplomatic applications relating to Switzerland;
• Driving duties in support of BDS Berlin directed tasking and maintenance of BDS Vehicles;
• Contribution to policy work, events and seminars as directed by the Defence Attaché (DA)/ Deputy Defence Attaché (DDA). Other administrative tasks as directed by DA/DDA. The Post is seen by Defence Attaché (DA) as a key administrative job which could lead to long term administrative work in other areas of the Defence Staff or Embassy;
• To contribute to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and to support the Embassy’s positive working environment.
Please find further information and the application details for this opportunity through the link below:
View Vacancy - British Embassy Berlin
News Overview ...