29 May 2017 by BCCG
British Embassy Berlin - Vacancy
Senior Business Development Manager Security & Defence (DEU234)
Application deadline: 26 June 2017
The British Embassy in Berlin is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Senior Business Development Manager: Security & Defence for the Department of International Trade (DIT).
The job holder will lead a new campaign to promote British security and defence exports to Germany.
Only applications sent through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Local Staff Vacancies webpage will be considered.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To lead and develop a campaign to significantly increase UK exports of goods and services to Germany in the security and defence sectors;
• To scope the German market and identify relevant commercial opportunities and trends;
• To build strong personal relationships with key German companies, Ministries, public authorities and other customers to facilitate door opening for UK companies;
• To gain a strong understanding of UK capability and build a network of export-ready companies with the resilience needed for the German market;
• To offer and provide high quality advice to UK companies on how to access the German market;
• To organise events, eg. at key trade fairs or trade missions, working closely with colleagues in London and the Embassy;
• To work closely with the Embassy’s Defence Section in Berlin and cyber security network;
• To handle Ministerial and senior official visits;
• To manage a modest campaign budget;
• To contribute to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and support its positive working environment; and
• To carry out other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
Please find further information and the application details for this opportunity through the link below:
View Vacancy - British Embassy Berlin
News Overview ...