BCCG Mission Statement
BCCG is driven and supported by active members who contribute their honorary and professional work throughout all our regions. BCCG and its largest British-German entrepreneural and institutional network are first point of call for companies and professionals seeking advice in British-German business and trade.
Our members in our regions strengthen the BCCG network by giving sound advice and provide direct contacts based on business experience and professional knowledge. Basis of all activities is the professional organisation of BCCG.
The BCCG has implemented a CSR Policy in its management offices and honorary committees.
BCCG aims to reduce environmental impact through the following measures (not limited to):
- Actively promote audio and video conferencing as an alternative to face-to-face meetings
- Preference of rail travel over car or air travel
- Preference of public transport/ bike/ walking for employees to get to work
- Use of environmental guidelines for events – consideration of the impact of delegate travel, hotels, venue features and catering as part of logistics and planning
- Keeping printed materials to a minimum and essential documentation printed on recycled paper; conference badges that can be re-used
- Menus featuring locally sourced food where possible
- Waste recycled and kept to a minimum
Paper & Waste
- Double sided printing, copying as default
- Black & white preferred over coloured printing
- Shift towards distribution of electronic documents rather than paper
- Paper from recycled sources
- Use water responsibly – housekeeping and employee awareness
- Recycling of batteries, paper, card and plastics etc.
Events - Working with the BCCG Network
The BCCG has organised a number of events, and supports member events, which promote best practice in corporate behaviour and its effects on the social and natural environments. See details under Events.
Charity BCCG Foundation
The BCCG is pleased to support the activities of the BCCG Foundation. It was founded in 1983 by BCCG members and supports bilateral students with grants through its funds raised by the British-German business community. For details, please see Foundation.
"I am a member of the BCCG because I meet interesting people and I get information about fascinating themes in this business network. If the BCCG did not exist already it ought to be invented immediately."
"Ich bin Mitglied in der BCCG, weil ich hier interessante Menschen treffe und Informationen zu spannenden Themen bekomme. Wenn es die BCCG nicht schon gäbe, müsste sie schleunigst erfunden werden."
Dr. Wolfgang Dobler
Dobler Communications, Frankfurt
View more testimonials