BCCG Mission Statement
BCCG is driven and supported by active members who contribute their honorary and professional work throughout all our regions. BCCG and its largest British-German entrepreneural and institutional network are first point of call for companies and professionals seeking advice in British-German business and trade.
Our members in our regions strengthen the BCCG network by giving sound advice and provide direct contacts based on business experience and professional knowledge. Basis of all activities is the professional organisation of BCCG.
The BCCG has implemented a CSR Policy in its management offices and honorary committees.
BCCG aims to reduce environmental impact through the following measures (not limited to):
- Actively promote audio and video conferencing as an alternative to face-to-face meetings
- Preference of rail travel over car or air travel
- Preference of public transport/ bike/ walking for employees to get to work
- Use of environmental guidelines for events – consideration of the impact of delegate travel, hotels, venue features and catering as part of logistics and planning
- Keeping printed materials to a minimum and essential documentation printed on recycled paper; conference badges that can be re-used
- Menus featuring locally sourced food where possible
- Waste recycled and kept to a minimum
Paper & Waste
- Double sided printing, copying as default
- Black & white preferred over coloured printing
- Shift towards distribution of electronic documents rather than paper
- Paper from recycled sources
- Use water responsibly – housekeeping and employee awareness
- Recycling of batteries, paper, card and plastics etc.
Events - Working with the BCCG Network
The BCCG has organised a number of events, and supports member events, which promote best practice in corporate behaviour and its effects on the social and natural environments. See details under Events.
Charity BCCG Foundation
The BCCG is pleased to support the activities of the BCCG Foundation. It was founded in 1983 by BCCG members and supports bilateral students with grants through its funds raised by the British-German business community. For details, please see Foundation.
"EY is a global organisation which for many years supports the BCCG. In times where less and less British pupils and students focus on learning German, it is furthermore my particular personal desire to support not only the BCCG (as a member of the regional NRW Committee), but also the BCCG Foundation as a member of the Board of Trustees in its efforts to foster a vivid exchange of German-British students. Despite a very close relationship between our countries, I believe that it is vital to continuously support younger generations in the multicultural exchange."
Executive Director, Leiter Family Office Services, Advisory Services
Ernst & Young GmbH, Düsseldorf
View more testimonials