The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we’re looking for a Deputy Logistic & Transport Manager / Driver. The jobholder will support and foster the daily presence of the British Government in Germany.
As part of a small Transport Team, the main purpose of this job role is providing transport & administrative support to the Embassy and Consulates in the Germany Network, which includes driving duties across Germany. The jobholder will be responsible for working closely with the Logistic & Transport Manager and supporting him in his roles.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving duties;
- Vehicle maintenance;
- Post room duties;
- Provide administrative support to the Transport Manager & Transport Team;
- Support the Transport Manager as his deputy to: prepare transport programmes including for senior official and Ministerial level visitors; arrange events and carry out general transport duties; make transport arrangements in response to a security crisis:-and during the Manager’s absences, supervise drivers and ensure that appointments and travel run smoothly;
- During Transport Manager’s absences, supervise other drivers;
- Contribute to the wider objective of the British Government’s Germany network and to support the Embassy’s positive working environment;
- Undertake other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job;
- Assist and be a part of the embassy crisis team.
For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow this link.
Application deadline: 13 March 2022
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site.