The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we’re looking for a part-time Finance Support Officer.
The jobholder will support and foster the daily presence of the British Government in Germany.
As part of a small Accounts Team the main purpose of this job role is to provide support to the Finance Manager and other members of the team on all finance matters as well as delivering an efficient and professional accounts service in line with Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) financial policy and objectives.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Cash Box: to run the cash office efficiently and in compliance with audit/financial best practice requirements, promptly processing all cash receipts, replenishing the imprests, preparing financial returns, bank runs;
- Electronic banking: bank statement entry follow up, creating debit memos, circulating the exchange rate;
- Payments: checking the payment batches, distributing private petrol/mobile phone call invoices, payment reminders;
- Pay: processing the monthly pay for local staff, salary recharges, paying the Honorariums;
- Residence: journals for internal residence events, payment of extra staff invoices and yearly checks;
- Budget: managing the budget for the clothing allowance;
- Queries: supporting the Germany Network with finance related questions, e.g. in relation with submitting cash expense claims, handling the incoming mail;
- Filing: record keeping/filing of paperwork in accordance with Embassy guidelines;
- Back up: covering for the Finance Assistant, i.e. processing invoices.
- Corporate projects focussed on supporting and developing the collective spirit of the Embassy and the Consulate-Generals in Germany;
- Other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job;
- Crisis work.
This is a part-time position of 18.75 hours per week, fixed term 2-year contract with the possibility of a permanent contract subject to performance and funding.
For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow this link.
Application deadline: 7 June 2022
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site.