The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas.
Currently, we are looking for an HR Officer. The jobholder will support and foster the daily presence of the British Government in Germany.
As part of our HR Team, the HR Officer will support the HR Manager by providing a professional HR service across the British diplomatic missions in Germany in line with German labour law, HR best practice and central policy.
This is an exciting and fast-moving role, and you will have a chance to work within a central team in the embassy, and in partnership with local and international stakeholders.
Why should you apply?
Are you a team player who would like to work in a diverse team within a fast-moving and exciting environment? We offer an interesting and challenging work environment, dealing with many different projects. As HR Officer you will feel the gratification from solving problems and hardly any workday will be the same. Skills can be learned along the way, but the right attitude is what we are looking for.
Currently, we are looking for an HR Officer who will support and foster the daily presence of the British Government in Germany. As part of our HR Team, you will support the HR Manager by providing a professional HR service across the British diplomatic missions in Germany in line with German labour law, HR best practice and central policy.
This is a fixed-term 2 year contract with the possibility of a permanent contract subject to performance and funding.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of a friendly and supportive working environment with opportunities for personal growth.
What is this role all about?
This is an HR generalist role managing several aspects of the employee lifecycle, working on all sorts of HR matters and topics.
- Support with On- and Offboarding of country based staff and diplomats
- Support recruitment in co-operation with the HR hub in Lisbon, being actively involved by advertising vacant positions and supporting the hiring process
- Advise on HR policies and procedures; monitor and respond to queries in the HR Germany inbox
- Assist in preparing monthly salaries (compiling and organising info)
- Monitor & track the Learning & Development budget
- General HR admin: e.g. update and monitor absence list, update annual lists for the Foreign Office, prepare routine letters and ensure post reports are regularly reviewed and up-to-date
- Create requisitions and process HR related invoices
The job holder is also expected to contribute to wider work of the Consulate General through corporate activity, including crisis work.