The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we are looking for a part-time Procurement & Estates Team Assistant in Berlin.
As part of the wider Corporate Services (CS) Section, the Estates Team contributes to the estates operations of the mission.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the Estates Team, providing maintenance to over 50 properties in the Berlin area. The job holder must have experience in Facility Management and be accustomed to the Berlin rental market. The job holder should also have experience with procurement and finances.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Estates and Procurement Team;
- Estate Maintenance and repairs – keep logs, arrange for contractors, make appointments, coordinate with tenants;
- Setting up supplier maintenance forms, distribution sets and requisitions;
- Coordinate and support any visits to the Estates (such as heating oil deliveries, maintenance and landlord visits, H&S inspections, official visits);
- Register and deregister properties with utility suppliers as directed; arrange for payments;
- Assist with planning of renovation projects;
- Organise and administer domestic equipment floats;
- Property search;
- Administer job ticket subscriptions; business cards and door signs;
- Procurement of Embassy supplies;
- Carry out inventories (incl. Government arts collection and high valuable items) and assist the with check-in and check-out of occupants on arrival and departure;
- Contribute to wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and support its positive working environment;
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job;
- Crisis work.
For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow this link.
Application deadline: 17 April 2022
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site.