Scottish Development International
Assistant Business Development Executive (Lead Generation)
Düsseldorf based – permanent contract
Scottish Development International (SDI) is a joint venture between the Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and South of Scotland Enterprise. Its primary purpose is to support the Scottish Government’s top priority, namely to boost Scotland’s sustainable economic growth. Through its overseas-offices, SDI supports Scottish companies to do business internationally by provision of market information and guidance on doing business in export markets. It also engages with, and aims to attract, overseas companies to invest in Scotland by identifying new potential Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) / Inward Investment opportunities and building strong relationships with senior decision-makers in corporations who are already successful inward investors in Scotland.
An opportunity has arisen for a Lead Generation Specialist (Assistant Business Development Executive) to join the SDI Team in Düsseldorf. The office has direct geographical responsibility for Germany as well as other markets within continental Europe and the wider EMEA region.
The purpose of this role is to provide support in generating new Foreign Direct Investment leads and opportunities and helping to deliver FDI projects. You will also be required to provide general administrative and logistical support.
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Creatively execute against prospecting strategies to identify companies with opportunities for new inward investment projects (FDI)
- Supporting colleagues and undertake specific activities and lead generation campaigns – including “cold calling”, use of LinkedIn to outreach to identified company targets and other established techniques and analytical tools
- Develop and ‘sell’ compelling, tailored propositions/solutions for target customers to progress opportunities through the sales funnel
- Provide accurate, up-to-date management information via internal systems. Supporting the analysis of data in Dynamics (CRM) and reporting of pipeline and supporting measure metrics
- Identify and compile sources of research, market intelligence and other information to proactively support our development/understanding of FDI propositions across our key sectors
- Provide desk-based research on key target companies as well as monitor and report on market trends
- Support planning activities around senior management and ministerial visits to the region
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Fluent German and English (both written and spoken); French would also be advantageous.
- A relevant degree level qualification (or equivalent level of experience)
- Work experience from a similar supportive / Lead Generation role
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, including managing customer relationships and providing project support
- Proven customer relationship management skills, with ability to demonstrate confidence and credibility in dealing with business contacts
- Knowledge/understanding of the drivers for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) / Inward Investment
- Dynamic self-starter, with a high level of initiative, resilience, project and personal management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork and ability to work collaboratively and successfully across virtual teams to achieve common objectives
- Microsoft Office, general IT skills
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working within an FDI / economic development related role
The job holder will report to the Düsseldorf-based Manager. Travel to Scotland for training and sector development activities is expected several times a year as well as occasional attendance at business events outside of core working hours.
Applications in English to Maureen Cargan via email.
Closing date for applications is 1 November 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work in Germany.