The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we are looking for a Deputy Head, Bilateral and Internal Politics Team.
This is an exciting role at the heart of the British Embassy in Berlin’s efforts to deepen the bilateral relationship with Germany. With a relatively new German government in place and after significant limits on our public diplomacy during the pandemic, there is real potential for new engagement bringing our two societies closer together.
The job involves a mix of personal delivery and delivery through others, within and beyond the Germany Network. The jobholder will need to support effective engagement by senior leadership, including the Ambassador, and partner organisations who share our goals. They will also be responsible for managing events themselves.
As Deputy Head of a team of six, the jobholder will have direct line management responsibilities and will work beyond the Public Diplomacy and Internal Politics Section to deliver specific projects and to coordinate engagement, activity and reporting plans across the Germany Network.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate bilateral activity, particularly British-German engagement beyond government, such as between parliamentarians, youth and cultural sectors;
- Support Team Leader in management of the Germany Network’s programme budget, ensuring strategic resource allocation and personally leading on the delivery of specific projects. Maximise focus on projects with potential for wider public comms;
- Contribute to high quality political reporting and engagement plans, explaining the impact of German politics on UK priorities;
- Undertake direct line management responsibilities, offering support and direction as required;
- To undertake other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and competencies of the job.
.For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow the link.
Application deadline: 10 August 2022
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site.