Why should you apply?
The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to customer requests as part of the IT team within the wider Corporate Services. You will work alongside the IT Manager and part time ITSO by diagnosing and resolving hardware and software problems in line with FCDO policies. Supporting the ongoing technology needs of Embassy employees by providing support in conjunction with the UK Help Desk. The jobholder will need to demonstrate skills in balancing and prioritising support calls and workload. Have excellent communication skills and attention to detail and work well under pressure.
This is a part time role of 18.75 hours weekly spanning 5 days per week (essential) and sharing complementary shift patterns with the current part time ITSO.
What is this role all about?
- Providing a focal point for IT users in Berlin on a range of technical and administrative IT related queries for both hardware and software;
- Support the IT Team with maintenance, infrastructure and upgrades to a range of ITC systems including different types of networks, VoIP phones, mobile phones and provide knowledgeable application support for Windows and MS Office 365 applications;
- Support end users’ devices and act as local Help Desk support responding to queries, including support of telecommunications and video-conferencing;
- Proactively maintain IT Infrastructure, reporting incidents and degradations in performance promptly to the Helpdesk and escalating through the correct channel as necessary;
- Take direction from the IT Manager, IT Service Managers and Secure Technical Services Officer and keep up to date with FCDO ITC matters via channels such as Teams meetings and online forums.
- Act as point of contact for technical visits when necessary, including out of regular office hours attendance if operationally required;
- Managing accurate inventory of Post’s ITC equipment and maintain audit requirements and adhere to security operating procedures in line with current policies;
- Work closely with Munich and Düsseldorf Consulates’ IT teams via regular team meetings, liaising on IT related matters when necessary;
- IT Team is the first point of contact for official telephones and internet connections (residential and office landlines, mobile phones, official internet subscriptions, cancellation and problem resolution).
Support change management in Berlin and across the Germany network as upgrades take place and new systems are implemented.
Support in-house and visiting teams who conduct electrical testing procedures such as PAT testing and maintenance as required;
- Work in crisis IT support across the Germany network including preparation and training staff.
Support FCDO technical requirements for events and official visits in conjunction with other teams at the Embassy, Residence and occasionally involving travel;
Take part in mandatory training and development as requested including yearly performance reviews;
- The Embassy offers learning and development opportunities throughout the year and invites you to join committee led forums where you may have an interest and can help shape the organisations objectives
Perform ad-hoc duties as required by the role, occasionally involving travel, working at the residences and perform duties out of regular working hours.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Our ideal candidate shows:
- Good working knowledge of IT hardware and software
Microsoft Office 365 skills
- Strong customer service skills
Well organised and attention to detail
Work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Fluency at C1 level in English
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- IT related qualification or equivalent experience in a business environment
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure
- Fluency in German
For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow the link.