The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we are looking for an Office and Events Manager for the Scottish Government Office.
The Scottish Government Office in Berlin is part of a network of Scottish Government offices overseas, the aims of which are to build Scotland’s reputation abroad, promote innovation and investment, and strengthen economic, academic, cultural and social ties between Scotland and Germany.
This role is for a maternity cover for a fixed term of two years. Working as part of a small, friendly team in a busy office, the post holder will manage the day-to-day operations of the office and provide logistical support in coordinating and delivering ministerial visit programmes and the office’s varied annual programme of cultural events. The post holder will manage the office accounts, maintain financial records and carry out monthly budget monitoring and profiling in accordance with Scottish Government financial reporting requirements. The post-holder will also be required to provide translations of texts from English into German, including speeches, presentations, social media, marketing and communications materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process requests from German and Scottish organisations;
- Answer telephone and email enquiries from German and Scottish partners;
- Translate written material from English into German, including social media, marketing and communications;
- Assist in maintaining and developing host nation relationships and partnerships in support of Scottish Government priorities for engagement, in particular in the areas of Higher Education, Research and Culture;
- Manage office systems;
- Writing short summaries and reports on current events in Germany ad Scotland;
- Carry out general financial administration, including procurement and paying invoices;
- Attend meetings on behalf of the team;
- Organise conferences, visits and events.