Are you interested in a career in international trade? Would you like to make an impact in a fast-moving, high-profile international environment? We are looking for an enterprising, team oriented and highly organised Project Support Officer to join the UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT) team based at the British Embassy in Berlin or Consulates-General in Duesseldorf or Munich.
DIT’s mission in Germany is to improve market access for businesses, champion free and fair trade, and encourage trade and investment between the UK and Germany. This is critical to our economies, supporting millions of jobs, driving economic growth, raising wages and improving living standard across the globe, whilst at the same time promoting wider goals – e.g. tackling climate change and improving economic security. For more information about DIT’s objectives, see here.
As Project Support Officer, you will play a crucial role delivering this work, working at the centre of the DIT Germany team, with around 40 DIT staff based at the Embassy in Berlin and the Consulates-General in Düsseldorf and Munich.
Working closely with the DIT Germany Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Berlin, you will provide high-quality analytical, project management and administrative support to the DIT Germany team. This includes internal coordination of senior visits and briefing papers, leading on organising and managing business events, and supporting DIT Germany’s market and business intelligence function by collating, analysing and interpreting information from different sector teams within DIT Germany.
You will have the chance to work with colleagues across the team and gain insights into a broad range of topics and issues related to DIT objectives, such as reducing market access barriers for exporters or supporting trade and investment in our priorities areas of Clean Growth, Technology, Future Mobility and Life Sciences. As such, this role offers an excellent opportunity to develop your own contact networks and knowledge of the UK’s commercial and business relationship with Germany.
The successful candidate should have strong analytical, research and communication skills. Working as part of a large team and matrix structure, you will need to be highly organised, able to juggle competing demands and pick up new issues quickly.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management of VIP and Ministerial visits, including coordinating briefings and programmes with relevant DIT / Embassy teams;
- Support DIT Germany’s market and business intelligence function: Collating and tracking market intelligence and issues from the DIT team in order to provide high-quality analysis and reporting to DIT senior management and DIT Headquarters in London;
- Plan and coordinate business events, webinars, receptions etc.;
- Organise key meetings and calls with relevant business stakeholders, produce meeting readouts;
- Undertake own desk research to produce reports, inform briefings and respond to other ad-hoc requests;
- Work with the COO to maintain a pipeline of key milestones and Key Performance Indicators to track outputs and success across the whole DIT Germany team;
- We are committed to ensuring the jobholder can use this role as a great development opportunity and you will have the chance to take part in our broad and varied corporate and learning and development opportunities.
The Germany Network and DIT are a rewarding and exciting place to work, offering:
- Much scope for personal and professional development: Excellent networks and opportunities for support, including mentoring, coaching, job shadowing and secondments;
- Strong offer for learning and development, including dedicated L&D days;
- An equal, diverse and engaged workplace;
- Opportunities to actively engage in corporate activities and initiatives in the Germany Network, such as Greening the Network, Germany Women’s Network, the Social Mobility Group, the Germany People Committee;
- Work-life balance;
- Performance related bonus.