The British Embassy in Berlin is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking for a Senior Communications Officer.
This role is at the heart of the UK diplomatic network in Germany, working on issues ranging from climate action to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. You will be part of the Public Diplomacy Section, responsible for all external messaging and campaigns for the Embassy in Berlin as well as the Consulates in Düsseldorf and Munich. Our overarching goal is to enhance the UK’s reputation in Germany and encourage closer cooperation between our two countries. This role currently oversees a campaign focused on what we do in/with Germany to promote democracy and tackle global challenges, but there is potential for the thematic focus to change over time. You will have the chance to develop the full array of communication skills, from classic press handling to longer-term campaign development/delivery.
- In collaboration with Embassy colleagues and Whitehall Departments (particularly the Foreign and Cabinet Offices), design and deliver an innovative and engaging public diplomacy campaigns with a specific thematic focus. Collect audience insight, build external partnerships, manage public-facing events and evaluate our impact in support of this campaign.
- Develop a network of media contacts, in person and through senior staff in the Germany network and visiting VIPs, in support of delivery of these campaigns. Provide media handling and logistical support for media engagements as required.
- Contribute to the embassy network’s social media presence, providing engaging and innovative content which showcases activity by the Germany Network.
- Contribute to line manage within the wider Communications Team, supporting delivery of other officers’ own communications output and enabling them to develop their skills and widen their experiences.
- Contribute to Embassy communications during a crisis, and to wider work of the Germany Network in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
- Participate actively in our corporate agenda, helping to build an inclusive and developmental culture within the team and wider Network, consistent with our values of Compassion, Acting Professionally and Respecting Everyone.
For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow this link.
Application deadline: 7 April 2022
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site.