The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our Consulates General in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Translator and Public Diplomacy Officer based in Berlin.
Main purpose of job:
To provide the Germany network with high quality translation service, rendering English texts into German. Support the Germany network in strengthening ties between the people of the UK and Germany and cooperation between our governments. Supporting the Communications team in amplifying HMG values and priorities in Germany.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To support the Embassy’s English-German translator, helping provide quick, high quality translations into German of a range of texts;
- Help the Embassy develop initiatives to bring the people of UK and Germany together and to develop structures for cooperation between our governments. To organise events furthering links between the people of the UK and Germany, seeking partnerships with relevant organisations in the two countries, nurturing alumni networks etc.;
- Support the Embassy’s bilateral and cultural officer in organisation of projects that celebrate UK-German cultural relations;
- Contribute to Embassy communications, e.g. drafting Grußworte, social media messages etc on the UK-German relationship;
- To undertake other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
Please find further information and the application for this opportunity through this link.
Application deadline: 16 January 2022
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site.