The Department for International Trade (DIT) is a specialised Government body aiming to promote UK trade across the world and attract foreign investment to the UK. For more information about DIT please follow the link.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) in Germany is recruiting a new Export Growth Team Lead to be based in Berlin, Dusseldorf or Munich. This is a new position and offers the right candidate an exciting opportunity to play a key role in shaping and delivering one of the four pillars of DIT’s Outcome Delivery Plan (ODP) for 2021-22 and beyond: Helping to support UK businesses take full advantage of trade opportunities and facilitating UK exports to Germany.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Lead the smooth running of the Export Growth Team and line-management of two A2L team members, including the development and up-skilling of the EGT and broader DIT Germany team as appropriate;
- Respond to high value/potential enquiries and deliver practical support to companies, including leading project-based work in support of sector teams when/where opportunities are identified;
- Close coordination with the DIT Europe Trade Enquiry Hub in Prague and the Europe Market Access Centre, to continuously review and improve the EGT model and commercial services and provide a high-quality service to British exporters and SMEs;
- Lead the Germany Export Growth Team to create and maintain strong relationships with DIT’s export support network in the UK, to identify, target and engage a pipeline of high potential clients;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across DIT Europe and the Germany Network to ensure a comprehensive and joined-up approach that maximises opportunities for exporters, using success in one European market as a springboard to success in another;
- Develop, maintain and improve information and database management to facilitate collaboration and to track, measure and report success and commercial outcomes, especially as they relate to the delivery of DIT’s Outcome Delivery Plan to support UK business and grow UK exports;
- Key account management of DIT commercial partners and other stakeholders, helping to build in-market networks and partnerships able to provide commercial services, guidance, information and support alongside DIT teams.
For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow this link.
Application deadline: 30 January 2022
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site.