This role is at the heart of the UK’s diplomatic network in Germany and is an opportunity to work on a huge variety of high-profile issues, from visits by members of the Royal Family to Embassy participation in the Christopher Street Day Parade. The jobholder will be part of a team of communications experts, responsible for all public messaging and campaigns for the embassy in Berlin as well as the consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich.
The jobholder’s focus will be developing and executing compelling digital campaigns, especially via producing engaging visual content (incl. videos) and running the Embassy’s social media channels.
The main aim of the communications team is to enhance the UK’s reputation in Germany and promote deeper friendship between our two countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Producing engaging digital content for Embassy digital channels including videos, creative imagery and infographics.
- Developing and executing of social media campaigns independently, including creating, monitoring and evaluating social media posts.
- To support the Embassy Comms Team’s wider work, including organising large events as well as media handling.
- To contribute to the Embassy Comms Team’s communications measures during a crisis, and to wider work of the Germany Network in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
- To participate actively in our corporate agenda, helping to build an inclusive and developmental culture within the team and wider Network.
Application deadline: 7 November 2021.
Please find further information and the application for this opportunity here.
Only applications sent through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Local Staff Vacancies webpage will be considered.