The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we’re looking for a Corporate Services & IT Support Officer for the British Consulate General in Munich.
The Consulate-General represents British interests in the German federal states of Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg, with a focus on business relations and support to British citizens.
We are looking for a dynamic and adaptable new team member with excellent customer service skills and a can-do attitude to join the Corporate Services team. Your role will help ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the Consulate, providing a platform for colleagues to complete their work.
Supporting the Office Manager to provide efficient Corporate Support to a team of approx. 20 colleagues. Team requests will very each day and strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise the tasks within your work areas are a must.
Why should you apply?
You will be responsible for the upkeep of the office IT inventory and will play an important role as the local point of contact for IT and telephony issues, therefore an interest in and an understanding of basic office-based IT systems and hardware is essential for the role. You will report technical IT issues to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office IT Help Desk team who will support you with remote assistance. Specialist technical IT knowledge is not required for the role.
The jobholder will be required to balance their workload to provide additional admin support in both English and German, with office cash management duties and procurement to support operations. Provide general operational and logistical support, as a back-up to the Office Manager.
There will be occasional opportunities to travel for training and to meet with Germany Network colleagues based at the British Embassy Berlin and Consulate-General Düsseldorf, with whom you will work closely.
What is this role all about?
- Daily coordination of IT, telecommunications and video-conferencing, liaising with the Office Manager and counterparts at the British Embassy Berlin and Consulate-General Düsseldorf;
- The point of contact for local network providers;
- Proactively maintaining the office IT, reporting incidents and performance issues promptly and escalating through correct channels where necessary;
- Report technical IT incidents to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office IT Help Desk located in the UK, and act as a point of contact for technical visits;
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of office IT equipment;
- Cash-handling duties to meet monthly financial reporting deadlines and processing invoices;
- Preparation and booking of diplomatic mailbags, and redirection of passport and visa enquiries;
- Being part of the local crisis support team and practicing a response in the event of office IT failure;
- Make a corporate contribution to supporting the team ethos of the Germany Network;
- Any other duties in line with the grading of the job advertised that may reasonably be required to support the wider work of the Consulate-General, such as work to support crisis planning and the organisation of events.
Our ideal candidate shows:
- Proficient German and English language skills (written and spoken, minimum level required C1 under the CEFRL or equivalent*) are required;
- Recent experience of relevant administrative work;
- Excellent IT skills, especially standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- A working knowledge of basic office-based IT systems and hardware;
- High standard of self-organisation, attention to detail and delivery;
- Strong communication skills, with both internal and external customers;
- A friendly approach and excellent demonstrable customer experience;
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of IT networking solutions and local network providers;
- Experience of working with Oracle databases used for payments;
- Familiarity with basic budgeting and accounting principles.
For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow the link.