London & Partners is the business growth and destination agency for London. Our mission is to create economic growth that is resilient, sustainable and inclusive. We are a social enterprise, combining purpose with commercial rigour. We are funded by grants, partners and our portfolio of commercial ventures. We support high-growth businesses to scale – both international businesses expanding into the UK and London-based businesses growing internationally. We develop London as a destination and attract visitors and events. We grow London’s global reputation to support economic growth. We create partnerships and profit-making ventures that enable us to scale our impact.
London & Partners operates brands including VisitLondon and the top-level-domain DotLondon. It is the founder of London Tech Week and runs two award-winning programmes for start-up and scale-up companies. In a typical year, we support thousands of scaling businesses, win hundreds of events for London, book over a quarter of a million hotel beds and engage millions of visitors on our digital channels.
Our key performance indicators are the economic growth (gross value added) and jobs that we create, the satisfaction of our clients and partners, and our commercial performance.
Purpose of role
The primary function of this position is to support high-growth Europe-based companies to invest in and expand to London by sourcing, engaging and developing relationships with decision-makers at high growth tech scale-ups.
The primary geographic focus for this role will be Germany (West), Poland and the Baltics. The primary sector focus for this role will be the Urban and Sustainability sectors. The successful candidate will lead on these sectors across Europe and will also lead on and support projects across the broader team in Europe as needed.
In this role you promote London as the preeminent base for European operations and assist in supporting them as they expand into London, connecting them in our London specialist sector teams and delivering our broad range of services which includes connecting these businesses with our inward investment partners who will assist them in establishing a presence in London.
The secondary function of this position to work with London companies exploring opportunities in Europe through trade missions from London, and to contribute to the planning of these visits and those by dignitaries and senior representatives from London within the allocated sector focus.
FDI Lead Generation
- With your geographic and sectorial focus in mind, identify, contact and engage with senior stakeholders at companies who are considering expansion into London.
- Offer long-term and tailored key account management to clients whose expansion plans are not immediately actionable
- Think independently and develop their own lead generation strategy.
- Maintaining the CRM system (Salesforce) and other reporting tools.
- Support the European trade strategy in partnership with colleagues in London and in-market to ensure that content for the MIBP programme aligns to the needs of the businesses.
- Manage trade missions within your focus sectors/geographies, co-owning the project from start to finish and be invested in achieving the result. Working closely with the team in London and Europe, organising trade visit programmes that will include a range of activities and events in market.
- Provide support to London companies on the MIBP who are seeking to expand their business into Europe by offering advice and making connections to networks, VCs and partners.
- Support ‘Meet the Corporate’ content, building relationships with European corporates who have identified the need to work with innovative businesses.
- Build relationships with corporates in Europe who are interested in meeting innovative London scale-ups. Work with the team in London to match MIBP companies to bid for these opportunities.
- Identify entrepreneurs, VCs and influencers working closely with the team in London to ensure this fits the needs of the businesses;
- Raise the profile of the MIBP in Europe, by working and engaging with key stakeholders in market.
- Induct and mentor the Business Development Executive. This includes regular catch-ups, ensuring lead research and generation is streamlined and effective as well as contributing to overarching themes for social media campaigns, outreach initiatives and CRM best practices.
- You will also support the team in their work across wider European territories.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
- Background: experience in a sales or marketing environment and enjoy working in a target-driven business.
- Sector experience: enterprise software, fintech, creative, or urban.
- Lead generation: proven experience of generating leads through own efforts: social media management, networking, email campaigns, etc.
- Stakeholder engagement: track record of successful stakeholder engagement, building and maintaining relevant networks.
- Computer literate: knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential.
- CRM: experience with maintaining current and accurate data on CRM system. Knowledge of Salesforce is preferable.
- Enthusiasm & Drive: bringing energy, initiative and positivity ito the role. Goal- oriented and highly driven.
- Strategy: planning for initiatives, programs and campaigns which will lead to successfully meeting annual KPI’s.
- Team work: ability to collaborate within a high-functioning small team across different time zones, and work with teams in HQ including marketing, finance, inward investment and the convention bureau as needed.
- Mobility: Travel throughout Europe will be required.
- Presentation skills: should be able to pitch and present to a range of audience sizes.
- Sector knowledge: should be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for emerging tech sectors and be able to liaise credibly with stakeholders at disruptive companies.
- Europe: knowledge, experience and passion for London companies is highly desirable.
- Economic environment and policy: understanding of political and policy environment issues affecting trade and investment between UK and Europe helpful.
- Social media and marketing: marketing experience with inititiatives and programs as well as social media experience.
- Language skills: English (any other European language is a plus).
- To join a fast paced, flexible and inclusive social enterprise
- Hybrid working environment
- 5% additional net pay on top of your base monthly Salary.
London’s diversity is its biggest asset. At London & Partners, we aim to ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of the city that we promote. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or assignment, faith or disability. We also appreciate that many people require flexibility in their working patterns and encourage you to talk to us at interview about any flexibility you may need.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow the link.